Swimming in natural waters is never risk free. Always use discretion before entering the water.
Learn more about healthy swimming habits by visiting the State of Maryland’s Department of Environment at www.mde.state.md.us.
Beginning Memorial Day weekend, St. Mary’s County’s Water Quality Program begins to monitor the current water conditions of recreational beaches in St. Mary’s County. The department will report its current water quality findings regularly during the summer months.
Current Water Conditions Water Quality Advisory Warning
The below locations have been found to have contaminated water. Swimming is NOT advised until further notice. Contaminated water may cause eye, ear, nose, or throat illness.
Recreational beach monitoring is closed for the season and will resume May 2017.
For answers to your questions regarding Healthy Beach Advisory Warning, contact St. Mary’s County Environmental Health Services at (301) 475-4321.
Water Quality Passed
The below locations are monitored during the regular Recreational Beach Monitoring season. Always use discretion before entering the water.
- Breton Bay Civic Association Main Beach – Leonardtown, MD
- Camp MD – Piney Point, MD
- Cedar Cove Community Beach – Lexington Park, MD
- Elms Beach Park – Dameron, MD
- Golden Beach & Patuxent Knolls Subdivisions – Boat Ramp (Long Point) – Charlotte Hall, MD
- Golden Beach & Patuxent Knolls Subdivisions – Community Beach – Charlotte Hall, MD
- Greenwell State Park – Pavilion Beach – Hollywood, MD
- Greenwell State Park – River Trail Beach – Hollywood, MD
- Myrtle Point Park – Picnic Area Beach
- Myrtle Point Park – Wet Sox Trail Beach
- Point Lookout State Park – Hammond rest Area Beach – Scotland, MD
- Sanner’s Lake – (Fresh Water) – Lexington Park, MD
- St. Clements Shores Subdivision – Community Beach – Compton, MD
- Wicomico Shores Waterfront Park – Budd’s Creek, MD
Report a Concern
If you would like to report a concern, please contact St. Mary’s County Environmental Health Services at (301) 475-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.