The Environmental Health Division receives applications for the construction or expansion of individual septic systems. When a septic system fails, the staff also reviews applications for repairs.
To learn more about septic systems, click here.
- Choose the application that applies to you:
- Submit application to the health department either in person or by mail to:
St. Mary’s County Health Department
Environmental Health Services
P.O. Box 316
Leonardtown, MD 20650
- Complete perc testing.
- Submit site plan by a Maryland registered land surveyor.
- Begin construction, upon approval.
- Contact health department to conduct a final inspection of the septic system before tank and fields are covered.
For more information, please contact the health department at email@example.com or call 301-475-4321.