The St. Mary’s County Health Department works with a variety of local and statewide partners to ensure that the health of St. Mary’s County residents is a priority concern in planning and response to emergencies, including natural disasters, disease outbreaks, and man-made emergencies.
There are two main steps to emergency preparedness: having a plan and packing a kit.
The fact sheets and links provided below can help you in preparing.
- Emergency Kit (PDF)
- Emergency Kits for Seniors (PDF)
- Emergency Plan (PDF)
- Plan de Emergencias (en español) (PDF)
- Extreme Heat (PDF)
- Heat Tips for Seniors (PDF)
- Hurricanes (PDF)
- Nuclear Power Plant Incident (PDF)
- Power Outages (PDF)
- Persons with Special Needs in an Emergency (PDF)
- Tornadoes (PDF)
- Winter Storms (PDF)
For more information about emergency preparedness, call 301-475-4316.